8 Habitat types. Defined by 2 hardness classifications and 4 depth ranges.
probably need to redo with srtm30 as elevation source.
From: Sean Benison <email@example.com>
* Nearshore: -1 to -60m
* Continental shelf: -61 to -200m
* Continental slope: -201 to -2000m
* Ocean basins: < -2001
The "nearsh_fla50"-type layers are all intersections between these
bathymetry layers and the kriged "fla50" interpolation of ocean floor
sediment types. A value of 1 represents a region with 50% or higher rocky
sediment content, and a value of zero represents regions with
less. Essentially, we are considering regions with 1 values to be rocky
sediment habitats and those with 0 to be soft sediment habitats.
- This gives us a combination of 8 layers (nearshore/rocky , nearshore/soft, etc)
- ETOPO2 data (2 min res) used for bathymetry
- Vector data layer polygons for each layer, convert to raster at 30 arc second res and import to grass